Christmas Gifts for Children in Need
Christmas House is a communitywide effort in Federal Way between Multi-Service Center and area churches. The program matches donated gifts with low-income children, ages 14 and under, and lonely senior adults in assisted living facilities. Families are screened for need and to insure their residency in Federal Way through Multi-Service Center's Food Bank.
The way it works
- Christmas House is held at Steel Lake Presbyterian Church in Federal Way the third week of December. With the help of volunteers, parents "shop" for their children during these days, and select the number of gift items appropriate for their family.
- You help build Christmas House by donating new and/or gently used toys for children ages 14 and under.
- You can donate one of two ways:
Drop off your donation at Multi-Service Center;
Stop by The Giving Tree at the Commons Mall in Federal Way (beginning Nov. 25), take a tag from the tree, purchase the gift idea on the tag.
The following items are needed at Christmas House:
- New Toys (priced at $15 and up)
- Teenage Gifts (printed at $15 and up)
- Family games or puzzles
- New socks for all ages and sizes
- Stocking stuffers
- Christmas decorations, ornaments, wrapping paper, etc.
- Stuffed animals
Download a Christmas House flier here to learn more
Read a Federal Way Mirror story about this program