Multi-Service Center

Protecting Your Loved Ones in Residential Care

How We Help

Our Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP) is a statewide program that trains and certifies volunteer ombuds to visit long-term care facilities across the state to advocate on behalf of residents.

What Does a Long-Term Care (LTC) Ombud Do?

Certified volunteers in the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program serve persons who reside in licensed long-term care settings (such as nursing homes, assisted living, and adult family homes). An ombud works to ensure that residents in these facilities receive good quality of life and care by providing information to consumers about their rights, working to resolve problems on behalf of residents, monitoring the enforcement of the laws by DSHS, and advocating for improvements in the long-term care system. Visit the Washington State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program website by clicking here.

Contact the State Office:LTCOP Logo 2014

State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Office
Multi-Service Center
P.O. Box 23699
Federal Way, WA 98093

Phone: (253) 838-6810 or (800) 422-1384, ext 174
Hotline: (800) 562-6028

Patricia Hunter, State LTC Ombudsman
253.838.6810, ext. 174

Vicki Elting, Assistant State LTC Ombudsman
253.838.6810, ext. 6232

Cindy Sam, LTC Program Administrator
253.838.6810, ext. 173

Locate your nearest Ombud at our regional offices:

Counties Served

 Regional Ombud/Contact Info

  Adams, Chelan, Douglas,
  Grant, Lincoln, Okanogan

Erin Nelson
Aging and Adult Care of Central WA
Phone: (509) 886-0700, ext 232
or (800) 572-4459

Ken Sterner (Asst)
Aging and Adult Care of Central WA
Phone: (509) 886-0700, ext 215


Dana Gargus
Kitsap County Area Agency on Aging
Phone: (360) 337-5714

  Grays Harbor, Pacific 

Judy Dawe
Coastal Community Action Program
Phone: (360) 500-4520
or (800) 828-4883, ext. 120

  Clallam, Jefferson 

Jane Meyer
Olympic Area AoA/SI&A
Phone: (360) 417-8556
or (800) 801-0070

  Ferry, Pend, Oreille, Spokane,
  Stevens, Whitman 

Linda Petrie
Spokane Neighborhood Action Partners
Phone: (509) 456-7133"
or (800) 660-7133


Robin Low
Snohomish County Divison on Aging
Phone: (425) 388-7393
or (800) 560-0552


Paul Ivers
Pierce County Community Connections
Phone: (253) 798-3789
or (800) 642-5769

  Lewis, Mason, Thurston 

Paul Tosch
Phone: (360) 943-6018

  Island, San Juan, Skagit,

Sandi Everest
Community Action Agency of Skagit Co
Phone: (360) 421-1080
or (800) 562-6028, ext 142

  Kittitas, Yakima 

Lisa Kromrei
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Phone: (509) 453-0480, (800) 562-6028


King County LTCOP
Phone: (206) 623-0816 or
(800) 562-6028

  Tri-Cities (Benton, Franklin) 

Contact State Ombudsman Office
Phone: (800) 562-6028

  Asotin, Columbia, Garfield,
  Walla Walla 

Contact State Ombudsman Office
Phone: (800) 562-6028

  Clark, Klickitat, Skamania,
  Wahkiakum, Cowlitz 

Staci Levison
SW WA Agency on Aging and Disabilities
Phone: (360) 992-4070
or (800) 562-6028