Multi-Service Center's Federal Way Food Bank
Multi-Service Center offers supplemental and emergency food to individuals and families who live in the bounds of the Federal Way School District (zip codes: 98003, 98023, parts of 98001, 98032, 98422). Customers may visit the food bank once per week.
Last year, 4,189 households, representing 16,065 people, received more than one-million pounds of food.
Nearly 90% of our food is donated through individuals and the Grocery Rescue program. Through Grocery Rescue, our food bank volunteers pick up produce and frozen meat and other foods from area grocery stores each week.Volunteers receive special training to handle the frozen food properly so it does not thaw or spoil before it can be distributed to food bank patrons.
____________________________________________________Donations are welcome:
Food Bank General Information
- Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
**PLEASE NOTE: The Food Bank will be closed Monday, October 13, 2014. See additional hours and closure information under Holiday Food Distribution Hours below**
- Closed: All federal holidays
- Special needs hours: 9:30 to 10 a.m, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Please provide a doctor's note stating that you are not able to stand in line.
Evening Food Bank Hours:
- Every 4th Thursday, from 5 to 6 p.m.
Holiday Food Distribution Hours:
- No appointment necessary, must be in line by 2pm (except evening hours)
- Thanksgiving Food Distribution: Monday, November 24, Tuesday, November 25, and Wednesday, November 26 from 10am to 2pm; Tuesday, November 25 from 5 to 7 pm
- Holiday Food Distribution: Monday, December 15, Wednesday, December 17, Friday, December 19 from 10am to 2pm; Tuesday, December 16 from 5 to 7pm
- Special needs hours: 9:30 to 10 a.m for both distributions. You must have a doctor's note on file with MSC stating that you are not able to stand in line.
- The Food Bank will be closed November 11, November 27-28, December 22-26.
- No cell phones are allowed in the Food Bank.
1200 S. 336th Street, Federal Way
- From the parking lot, follow the gravel path that leads between our food bank and warehouse. The line forms under the breezeway.
Please Bring the Following:
- On your first visit only, a social security number for every household member is requested.
You will also need to bring to the first visit and each visit following:
- Picture identification
- A bill or piece of mail not older than 30 days to show proof of address
- Bags or boxes to carry your food